Friday, September 25, 2009

How To Invite Pain Into Your Life

I am very outgoing and never meet a stranger. That's good and bad. It's good because I can talk to anyone who speaks English and smile and cry with those who do not. Emotional languages are international. It's bad because I make friends quickly, and, then when they turn out to be jealous-hearted haters, I'm hurt. I chose them, right?

Yes, I did. I was nice to them. They were nice to me. Well, that's pretty much how I have made friends all of my life, and I have few.

Lonely and gravely disrespected people use this pattern. I have been disrespected from childhood and lived in a very lonely world at home. Moms could never get really close to me. We couldn't sit on the same horse, she'd say. I was never as good or as smart as my sisters. That affected me. I have made too many bad decisions that cost me emotionally but benefited others. I'm not complaining. Just communicating. I'm calling all the people who feel the same way.

I'm happy I recognize my MO. I can help myself.

I am in the Obama mode when he was in school. I stay to myself, read, and educate. I will not consciously invite pain into my life anymore. Life does that without our consent.

I am a good friend. So the adage, "You've got to be a friend to make a friend" is out the window. I just replaced it, "You've got to love yourself, know yourself, and be able to be yourself with the friends you choose. Use caution, and stop telling all your business."

No comments:

Post a Comment